Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Introducing...

...Here the Faithful Gather!

Centuries ago, Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the church door in Wittenburg, Germany. Before the echoes of his hammer faded, the Christian world was in uproar. Eventually, this led to the Reformation, where the Church split. One of the splinters of that church was led by a French lawyer, John Calvin...his radical yet traditional views about the core of the Christian religion have influenced the modern world almost as much as Luther himself...

Sola Gratia: Hello, I'm Sola Gratia. My fellow blogger Renzzy had an excellent idea a few days ago: why not blog about Calvinism? I responded enthusiastically, even volunteering to join him in this venture. So, we now present you with this blog, which will dialogue about all things Calvin.

Renzzy: Greetings brothers and sisters in Christ! I am Renzzy, a five-point Calvinist and the administrator of this blog. My fellow blogger, Sola Gratia, agreed to join me in my venture to express beliefs and ideas concerning three controversial religious topics: Calvinism, Hyper-Calvinism, and Arminianism.

Although we agree on much of what we believe, there are points at which we disagree, and doctrines which we would like to learn more about. For this very reason we endeavor to give ourselves, each other, and all of our dear readers a clearer and easier to understand view on the doctrines I hold dear to my heart: the doctrines of Calvinism.

Welcome to Εδώ ο πιστός συλλέγει!

1 comment:

lizz said...

Sounds intriging. I can't wait to hear more.